Session Staff Positions (ages 17 and up)
This is the job most think about when considering working at a Christian summer camp. Counselors are the ‘hands-on’ part of the camp staff and are responsible for the spiritual, physical, emotional, and social well being of 12-14 campers each week. Counselors also teach activity classes.
- Senior Counselor – Senior Counselors are responsible for directing the campers in their cabin living morning and evening (assigned 12 to 14 campers each week). The Senior Counselor will be in charge of nightly cabin devotions and handling spiritual decisions made by the campers. The Senior Counselor will also teach a skill class activity during the day. Must be 18 years old or older and at least 1 year of college is preferred.
- Junior Counselor - Junior Counselors assist the Senior Counselor in all cabin responsibilities as stated above; also assists with a recreational skill class each day. Must be 17 years old or older.
Our Program Team are the servant leaders on the summer staff. The Program Director heads up and leads the team. The rest of the positions have primary functions particular to that job, but also work together under the PD to accomplish the summer program.
- Program Director – This Program Director coordinates both the recreational and spiritual program under the supervision of the Summer Camp Director and the Summer Staff Director. The PD is a servant leader to the campers and other summer staff members. He also supervises summer staff in all program aspects. Must be 20 years old or older.
- Worship Leader – The Worship Leader is responsible for organizing, performing and leading the music program. Should lead singing during daily afternoon worship and each evening during campfire. Additionally this person is responsible for managing the camp band – made up of other summer staff, a Friday night special music program to kick off the awards ceremony, and music at the closing ceremony. Additionally, WL assists Program Director with facilitation summer camp program. Must be 18 years old or older and at least one year of college is preferred.
- Trading Post/General Store Manager – The TP/Gen. Store Manager is responsible for the smooth and efficient operation of the TP and the General Store. This includes maintenance of stock (drinks, candy, T-shirts, caps), friendly sales to campers and staff, maintenance of financial records of what campers and staff spend, and daily tidiness of the inside and outside of the TP and Gen. Store. This person is also responsible for taking up spending money from campers at registration and returning the unspent portion at the end of each session. Additionally, TP/Gen Store MGR assists Program Director with facilitation summer camp program. Must be 18 years old or older and at least one year of college is preferred.
- Adventure/Challenge Course Manager – The Adventure Challenge Manager manages the challenge course elements. Needs to be either ACCT Level 1 certified Facilitator or able to acquire a certification prior to summer. Additionally, ADV MGR assists Program Director in facilitation of summer program. Must be 18 years old or older and at least one year of college is preferred.
- Head Boat Driver – The Head Boat Driver is responsible for the supervising the boat driving crew. We run 6-8 in-board ski/wake boats 4-5 hours a day. Head Boat Driver will assist in training other drivers, will supervise drivers throughout summer, and teaches a skill activity class (skiing or wakeboarding or both). They will report to the Head of the Waterfront. Additionally, HBD assists Program Director with facilitation summer camp program. Must be 18 years old or older and at least one year of college is preferred.
- Media/AV Technician – The Media Technician is responsible for the audio/visual/technical needs of the camp program. Takes videos to be used for various program and promotional needs of the camp. Additionally, Media Tech assists Program Director with facilitation summer camp program. Must be fluent with both Mac and PC, and be familiar with Final Cut Pro software for Apple computers. Must be 18 years old or older and at least one year of college is preferred.
- Head Lifeguard- The Head Lifeguard is responsible for supervising the other lifeguards and maintaining a safe environment in the swimming area. HLG is responsible to the Head of the Waterfront and assists in training and supervision of lifeguards. Additionally, HLG assists Program Director with facilitation summer camp program. Must have current lifeguard certification from a recognized provider and at least two years of lifeguard experience. Must be 18 years old or older and at least one year of college is preferred.
- Work Crew Leader – The Work Crew Leader is responsible for the discipleship and supervision of the Work Crew. The WC is made up of high school students who serve for 3-Weeks. They accomplish most of the ‘odd jobs’ around camp – cleaning meeting areas and restrooms, serving in the kitchen, washing pots and pans, grounds work, participation in Bible drama and other camp programs, etc. The Work Crew Leader needs to be able to organize the Crew of 8-9 members to accomplish daily tasks. Needs to be a self-starter, take initiative, and be able to lead a daily Bible study for the crew. The primary focus of this position is the discipleship of the Work Crew members. Must be 19 years old or older and at least one year of college is preferred.
Support Staff keep the camp running smoothly behind the scenes. Some have more direct contact with campers than others, but all have the opportunity to daily interact with campers to some degree. Support Staff members need to have a servant’s heart, a strong work ethic, and an enjoyment from working with one another.
- Head Wrangler – The Head Wrangler develops and supervises the entire horse program. This includes Horsemanship skill classes and trail rides. Responsible for all horse and tack maintenance, and the daily care/cleanliness of the barn and corral areas. Must be 18 years old or older and at least one year of college is preferred.
- Assistant Wrangler – The Assistant Wrangler assists the Head Wrangler in the responsibilities outlined above. Usually in charge of the Beginning Horsemanship classes. Must be 18 years old or older.
- Junior Wrangler – Junior Wranglers assist both the Head and Assistant Wranglers with the horse program and horse maintenance. Primarily responsible for horse maintenance (feeding, grooming, and saddling). Must be 17 years old or older.
- Health Care Assistant – Health Care Assistants (or HCAs) oversee and attend to the medical needs of campers and staff in accordance with the standing orders of the camp doctor and the Health Dept. of the State of Texas. HCAs are responsible to the Health Care Administrator and will receive First Responder certification from American Red Cross. We will have 2 HCAs on duty each week of camp. Must be 18 years old or older and have a current U.S. driver's license and at least one year of college is preferred.
- Assistant Cook – Assistant Cooks assist the Food Service Director. Specifically, this person assists with meal preparation and serving, and needs to be capable of using or being trained in the use of the fryers, mixers and the grill. Will assist in supervision of Kitchen Assistant and Work Crew members working in Kitchen. Must be 18 years old or older.
- Kitchen Assistant – The Kitchen Assistant assists the Food Service Director and the Assistant Cooks with food preparation, serving, and clean up. Will serve directly under supervision of an Assistant Cook. Must be 17 years old or older.
- Head of Kitchen Maintenance – The Head of Kitchen Maintenance supervises personnel involved in washing of all utensils, trays, and glasses, mopping the kitchen and bathrooms nightly, and disposing of garbage, both kitchen and grounds. HKM is also is responsible for moving food and supplies to picnic area for meals away from dining hall as well as putting groceries into proper storage areas when they arrive by truck each week. Must be 18 years old or older.
- Kitchen Maintenance Assistant – The Kitchen Maintenance Assistant works under the direction of the Head of Kitchen Maintenance and operates the dish washing machine each meal in a manner to assure trays, glasses, and silverware are cleaned properly. Also, helps with silverware and dish stacking and other duties as necessary. Must be 16 years old or older.
- Maintenance Assistant - The Maintenance Assistant works under the direction of one of our Full Time Maintenance Staff. For this position we would like to see a self-motivated individual who shows initiative, can be set out on a task and will see it through to completion. No experience required, but needs to have an aptitude for mechanical things and be willinging to learn and work hard. Must be at least 18 years old in order to be trained to operate some equipment.
Work Crew (ages 16 and up)
- Work Crew Member – Crew Members work together under the direction of the Work Crew Leader to accomplish daily ‘odd-job’ tasks. These include, but are not limited to: cleaning meeting areas, cleaning restrooms, kitchen assistance with serving and food preparation, assisting in washing dishes, participating in Bible dramas, assisting with camper programming, etc. In addition, the Crew will participate in daily Bible studies led by the Work Crew Leader. The Work Crew serve for 3-week terms. Must be 16 years old or older.
- Wranglers’ Assistant – The Wranglers’ Assistant serves under the direction of the Wranglers to accomplish the horse program and horse maintenance. Primarily responsible for helping with horse maintenance (feeding, grooming, and saddling).This position is a 3-week term. For 2 of the weeks, this position is Wranglers’ Assistant and for 1 of the weeks, the Wranglers’ Asst. will serve on the Work Crew. Must be 16 years.
Note: Frontier Camp does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.